These ab workouts are the most effective way of strengthening the muscles.
1. Windshield Wipers – Lie on your back with your arms stretched on each side. Lift the legs without bending the knees until the body is in 90% position. Move the legs from left to right and vice-versa, doing the action like that of the windshield wipers. Repeat the process up to 10 times.
2. Knee Tucks – Using an exercise ball, place the body into a plank position wherein the shins are over the ball. Roll the ball forward to the upper body. The abs will be tightened this way.
3. Front Plank over the Ball – Place the elbows on a flat bench while the feet is resting on an exercise ball. Allow the body to be parallel to the floor by contracting the abs. hold on to this position up to 60 seconds.
4. Ball Crunches – Lie on the ball with the mid lower back. Place both hands behind the head. Lift the torso by contracting the abs. Curl up with the ball steadily remaining on its place. Repeat up to 10 times.
5. Reverse Crunch – Lie down on a flat bench. Bend the knee to form 90% and the upper leg should also be 90% to the torso. Hold on to the upper part of the bench above the head. Roll the body up until the knees reaches the elbows. Hold the position up to 3 seconds. Do these ab workouts up to 10 times.
6. Knee Drops – Lie on the floor with knees bended up to 90% and the upper legs bended up to 90%. Place the ball between the knees. Stretch the arms on each side with palm facing upwards. Move the legs to left side until it almost reach the floor and go to the other side. Let the abs contract throughout the process and do this without lifting the shoulder.
7. Long Arm Crunch – Lie on the flat surface. Place the arms over the shoulder closed to the ears. Bend the knees while feet lay flat on floor. Contract the abs and then lift the shoulder blades. Lower it back to the floor and repeat up to 12 times.
8. Elbows and Toes Plank – Lie down with face on the floor. Lift the body supporting the weight with the elbows and toes. Keep the body straight. Hold to the position up to 60 seconds and repeat up to 5 times.
9. Russian Twist – Sit on a declined chair. The legs must be firmly placed over the pads. Position the body unto 90%. Stretch the arms with the hands clasps together. Keep the back straight and begin moving the arms from left to right side without bending it. Repeat this in a moderate speed within 60 seconds.
10. Bicycle Exercise – Lie with back on the floor. Put the both hands to the head with fingers firmly pressed over the head. Simultaneously rotate each knee like cycling on the air while lifting the opposite shoulder. Repeat these ab workouts up to 3 sets with 12 repetitions each.